I am a big fan of bone broth but when summer hits drinking a cup of hot broth doesn’t sound that great to me so I look to gelatin when summer hits. Enter gummies! These fruit gummies are easy, refreshing and a great way to get in some gut healing nutrients which is found in gelatin.
When looking for gelatin make sure to look for a couple of things:
1. Look for gelatin and not collagen peptides. They both have similar gut healing benefits but the gelatin gels items while the collagen peptides will not.
2. Look for a grass-fed pasture raised brand which will provide the best amount of nutrients. I personally LOVE and USE Vital Proteins.
BLUEBERRY CHERRY GUMMIES
2 cups frozen or fresh pitted cherries
2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
2 T of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup of gelatin
1-2 T of honey (optional)
1. Over medium heat add cherries and blueberries to a medium size pot. Stir until the fruit releases liquid and has popped.
2. Add lemon juice and give a quick stir
3. Add ingredients from pot to a blender and blend until smooth. After blending give it a quick taste, if sweetener is needed then add.
4. Add gelatin and blend again.
5. Pour into an 8×8 pan or a mold to make fun shapes then place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
TIP: An immersion blender can be used instead of a blender